Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It really is all about who you know...

So I have really come to understand how TRUE this statement is!

As you know, in one of my previous blogs, Hal and I have been looking for a house. We really had begun to think that our luck was running out! We were riding through a neighborhood the other day and there was a "For Sale by Owner" sign in the yard of a cute little house. Hal decided he would just walk up to the door and find out about this house that we really liked. The man came to the door and Hal motioned for me to get out of the car. As I started toward the porch I realized this "stranger" was my life-long next door neighbor who had recently moved out of the neighborhood. He was selling his house so he could move in with his dad to be able to take better care of him.

He told us the asking price, and it was just what we were hoping. We left his house that day, and we both wrestled with the fact of getting out of our lease (apartment) and just making an offer on the house. Saturday afternoon, about 3 hours after seeing the house, we called to make an offer. We couldn't let this one go!

WE SIGNED THE CONTRACT YESTERDAY! YAAAAHOOOOO!!!

The bank is currently working on scheduling a closing date, and we are hoping to be moving into our new house the weekend of Sept 14th, one month from TODAY! YAY!

The one downfall is that we owe the rest of our lease, and the complex REFUSES to negotiate with us! Other than that, we are good to go!

Please pray for us this next month that all of the legalities will be handled without any kinks, and we can move in when we hoped! Also, pray that Hal won't cuss at our property manager for robbing us blind! :D

We are so very excited about owning our very first house! I will include pictures when I can get them!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

YES!!! An exciting day! The day we closed, Keith took me out for a special lunch. I'll never forget how we felt that day! :)

Alison said...

Congrats! I know you are excited! Being a first time homeowner is so much fun! :) Have fun decorating YOUR house!

The Dales said...

OH YAY! Where is it?? I am SO happy for you two! Oh I know you are so excited!!! Let me know all the details soon!

Meredith said...

Check it out - Steph's back in the land of the living! :)

Haley said...

STEPHANIE - It is so good to know that you are ALIVE!! :D

Annie said...

Congrats! That's awesome!

The Browns said...

Congrats! I will pray that everything goes smoothly. I can't wait to see pictures!

Jessi said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to see pictures of it. I hope and pray everything goes smoothly for you this coming month!

Kelly said...

Yeah! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! I'm so happy for yall!