It has been almost a week since I have blogged, and I can hardly stand it any longer! I'll update you on what has been going on around our house lately.
-As you know, we signed a contract on a house last weekend. We settled our closing date for September 12th! We will probably be moving in the last week in September! It cannot get here fast enough!
-One of the reasons I haven't blogged in a while is because I have been so busy with all the paperwork and "stuff" that comes with buying a house. We finally, FINALLY, got all of the paperwork completed and signed Friday afternoon. I told Hal that its funny how people always say that you sign your life away when you get married, because thats not true. You really sign your life away when you buy a house!
-Hal was off all weekend, which only happens once a month. Friday night we went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 11:40 Saturday morning! We needed our rest!
-I had 2 moles removed about 2 weeks ago. I got my pathology results back on Thursday and one of them was "severly abnormal." The nurse told me it was NOT melanoma, praise the Lord! I have to go back next Wednesday to have the skin around it cut out. eek!
-We went to Lake Jocassee yesterday with Hal's family. We had so much fun! The lake is so beautiful and so quiet! One bad note: the water is down from its regular level about 20 feet. It really put our lack of rain into perspective!
-My mom is not going to like this one, one bit: I bought my very first Gamecock tee shirt Saturday! We are going to the Carolina-Georgia game on September 8th and I have to have something appropriate to wear. It is a red tee shirt that says "Carolina Football" on the front and has a little gamecock on the back. Needless to say, Hal LOVES it!
-I start classes TONIGHT to pursue nursing! I am not looking forward to all of the nights from now until Christmas that I will be spending in a classroom and not with my husband, but I think it will pay off in the end!
I hope all of the teachers have a GREAT week back at work! I will try my best to post more often this week!
4 comments:
Try to enjoy it while you're there and then think of the reward you get (seeing Hal) when you get home!
I'm glad things are going well with the new house, and that your test results were ok. I will continue to pray for yall!
btw, we've missed you!
Hey missy. I know what you mean signing your life away. That was exactly what I thought when we bought our house. It was very nerve racking but definitly worth it....
Post a Comment