Saturday, August 11, 2007

Everybody's out to make a dollar!

Hal and I went to look at two houses last night. One of them we really loved, so we called the owner to make an offer this morning. We were sure that the price she was asking was with room to negotiate. She wouldn't BUDGE off her price and she's asking $15,000 more than any similar house in the neighborhood has ever sold for!

Hal and I had done our research and knew that she had only paid half of what she was asking! She claims she wasn't trying to make a flip, but I do have to disagree!

Everytime Hal and I find something that we really love, the people want to make as much money off of us as they can! Why can't we just find a decent house at a decent price? We aren't looking to find a steal, but we definately don't want to be taken advantage of! Why is everyone always looking to make a dollar?

What happened to being truthful and honest when it comes to making money?

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I soooo understand. We are happy with our house, but looking back we can see how the builders ripped us off left and right. Home buying is a risky business!
I hope you find the home you are meant to have. God will give you a peace when you do.