Thursday, August 30, 2007

And so it begins...



Today is the day that I become a self-proclaimed widow until January. I am wearing black today (for real) to commemorate the day.

Today marks the official start of football season 2007. Today I lose my husband to the second love of his life!

Now, I must say, I love football, I really really do, but I will never love football as much as Hal does. From August until January he lives, eats, sleeps, and breathes football.

I say that I am a football widow because once football season starts I take a back seat to the game on TV. In all truth, I really don't, because I sit right down there with him, holler at the TV, and high-five like I'm one of the boys. I love it.

So, really I'm wearing black as a joke, because just like my husband, I love football.

Last night we watched part of the Live for 25 on ESPN (25 straight hours of college football) to get us in gear and to catch us up on all of the latest team trivia. We are ready.

Tonight on ESPN, LSU takes on Mississippi State, should be a blowout, but nonetheless, its football, and we can't wait!

And so it begins...

1 comment:

The Dales said...

Haley I am with you, we just need to hang out until its over!!