Monday, August 27, 2007

4 more days until the weekend!

Does anyone else agree with me that weekends should be 5 days and work weeks should be 2 days? There is never enough time in a weekend, just one more day would suit my fancy!

Our weekend was pretty uneventful being that Hal had to work nights all weekend! :( What time I did get to spend with my hubby, I enjoyed!

Thursday night we watched The Bourne Identity. We are gearing up to FINALLY go see The Bourne Ultimatum. I wanted to watch the first two before we went to see the third so that I would remember everything that was going on. It was a great little movie/date night for us!

Friday, Hal had to go into work at 7:30, but he had to give a pitching lesson before at 4:00. When we were leaving to head that way we drove through the beginnings of a pretty rough storm. Rough it was, and destructive too! We got home and our internet modem had been fried and our bedroom TV. Thank goodness we unplugged our flat screen because it would have died too! Unfortunately now, we have no internet or TV in bed at home! :(

Saturday my mom and I got up and went to Dobson's Hardware to get a SC flag for our new house. I have been so excited about getting a flag! That's the first thing I am going to do on closing day, put up my flag. Its like cutting the ribbon, to me! :D

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day. I cooked Hal's favorite for supper. We had fried eggs, sausage, and biscuits with apple butter. YUM! My mom and I finally got to go to Costco! Just as I suspected, I fell in love! Thank you Michelin for the FREE membership! I got Southern Living's 500 Favorite Recipes. It is the most amazing cook book, I cannot wait to try EVERYTHING in it!

I went today to turn in the last bit of paperwork required for our mortgage. If everything stays on track, we will be homeowners as of September 12th! :D

As I have mentioned before, September should be a great month for us! Here are some important dates for us:

September 8: Carolina at Georgia - we will be there!
September 12: We close on our house!
September 15: Our friends Sarah and Kyle are getting married!
September 17: We leave for Las Vegas - neither of us have ever been!
September 25: We will be married for 6 months!
September 30: The LAST DAY in our apartment!

FOUR DAYS AND ITS FRIDAY! :D

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

Funny! I just asked my girlfriend this morning wouldn't it be wonderful if we had a 5 day weekend and a two day work week, except I would still want the same salary.

Annie said...

Let me know if you see Corey Smith at the USC/UGA game. :) I will be SO jealous.
Also, Brian and I went a few years back when Clemson played UGA at home. Those crazy fans were throwing beer bottles, so take a helmet.