Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thirteen Things

I don't have anything specific to write about, so here are 13 random things that I have been thinking, doing, or hoping to do:

1. I had my bows made for our decorations outside for Christmas. I love them! Even Hal mentioned how "beautiful" they were.

2. I am trying to drink less sweet tea and more water. I cannot even put into words how hard this is for me.

3. My (step)dad is the most thrifty person I know! He bought 4 brand new 4 ft. pre-lit Christmas trees for $2.50 each!

4. The YMCA cancelled my employee membership finally and I am being too cheap to pay for a new one. I think I may give in after the first of the year.

5. I have a great coconut cake recipe that I can't wait to try for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

6. I really want to have a cookie exchange party!

7. Although I desperately want a dog, they are expensive to keep up! Hal's parent's dog ate a human hair ball out of the trash can. It cost them $500 and 3 vet visits to remove it!

8. I still find myself crying, missing my MaMa and PaPa. I saw and old couple in their car yesterday and they reminded me of my precious grandparents. I couldn't help but cry.

9. I hear some of the ski slopes have opened. I am itching to go!

10. I have to admit, I like the new song by Fergie called "Clumsy".

11. I haven't bought the first thing for anyone for Christmas and I don't have any ideas of what I am going to buy.

12. I really hope Clemson can win the ACC.

13. Maybe Hal and I will serve at the soup kitchen on Thanksgiving this year, since we are having Thanksgiving supper.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

The Dales said...

Ok, I have some questions, where did you get your bows made and how are you using them (with greenery, candles, wreath, what), where did he find the cheap trees and do they look good, you know you could decorate your porch with those!, YES to the cookie exchange party (I AM inviting myself), LETS GO SKIING IN FEBRUARY! (I haven't been since January....yes, I was pregnant!), that is it! I miss you and we ARE getting together THIS COMING WEEK!

Anonymous said...

Yes, tell me about the trees!
I soooo wish I was living there and could invite myself to your party. :-(

Anonymous said...

Hey I am living here, can your mommas come? hee hee Jackie

Haley said...

Steph, I got the ribbon for my bows at Hobby Lobby. It is a really pretty red, green, and gold plaid. Rita Owens made them for me. My tree topper bow I am going to have done at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Anyway, we are going to put garland on our porch and accent it with bows. Also we have a wreath for our door, window, and building door that I will use the bows for.

About these trees, my stepdad can find a bargain anywhere! There is a man who goes around to big stores (WalMart, Ingles, Bilo, etc.) and buys their overstock in bulk for really cheap. He then turns around and sells it. Well, he gave Frankie half off on all of the trees so he got 4 trees for $10! HA! I am going to put one on my porch! :D

Jackie you are definately invited to the cookie party. If I can't have one this year, DEFINATELY next year!