Thursday, November 15, 2007

Please PRAY!

I am posting this because I know a few of my readers know this family as well as I do.

This morning about 7:30 Rita Owens was taking her husband Steve to the doctor. She had to pull over onto the side of the road because he became sick.

Steve had a massive heart attack and is in critical condition. Sallie, Steve's daughter just called my mom with the latest update.

He is currently in intensive care and is experiencing some congestive heart failure and kidney failure. He had 2 or 3 blockages around stints that were put there previously. The doctors were able to unblock the arteries with surgery, but won't know more about whats going on for a couple of days.

Please pray for Steve and the Owens family as they go through this difficult time. Steve is a wonderful, Godly man, who desperately needs our prayers now!


***Update: (1:20 pm) - Steve has just been moved to CCU where he will most likely remain for a couple of days. He is in somewhat-stable condition but hasn't regained consiousness. Rita has been able to see him but not the rest of the family. Thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Mom, Steph, and I are praying!