I, like many, am very anxious and nervous about the upcoming 2008 election. I know it is still 1 year away, but the primary elections are in 6 months! I really feel like that I need to be doing my research now, so that when I do vote in June, I will have a good candidate in mind. I feel like the primary vote is the most important one because in that vote we narrow down from about 20 candidates, to 2. It is important that we vote for the right person in the primary election so that we can vote for them again in November.
This past Sunday I was watching Face the Nation on CBS. Mike Huckabee, a republican presidential candidate was on the show answering questions. I must say, I was very impressed.
I got a good feeling about this man. He claims to be a devout Christian and that faith is number one in his life. I want to believe that he is telling the truth.
I am in no way saying that this is who I am voting for or that you should either. I do suggest that you take time to go to his website and learn more about him.
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=About.Home
It can't hurt, right?
I feel it is important to KNOW who you vote for. Do some research and pray about it.
The feeling I got when I heard him answering some of the questions was refreshing. With all the hype that surrounds the other candidates, I truly felt that he was being himself and being honest. It almost felt like I was listening to my pastor speak.
No comments:
Post a Comment