Monday, November 5, 2007

Its a 4 day week for ME!

My weekend was absolutely fantastic! I hope yours was too!

Friday I got off and came home to my hubby! It was a beautiful day outside so we decided to take a walk. We walked around our neighborhood for about an hour. I love doing this because we are getting great exercise AND spending some quality time together too. After we walked we cleaned up and went to Monterrey's for supper. Because it is hunting season, Hal knows that deer are really moving right now. We have a secret place where we go look for and spot deer. We just love looking at them in their natural habitat. They are such beautiful animals. After supper we went to our spot and watched for deer with my parents. We rode around a couple of times and didn't see ANYTHING, but we hear that there is a 20 point buck in the area, so we will definately go back!

Saturday morning we woke up pretty early. Early to me is waking up to an alarm clock, not own my own. We headed to Lowe's to get some pine straw to put down in our yard. We started working in our yard about 11:00 and finally finished around 6:30! We dug up all of the old mulch that was there, dug up some of the ugly bushes, replanted some of the older bushes, planted some new bushes, planted some pansies, and then finally put down 5 bales of pine straw. On top of our new rye grass, our yard looks GREAT!! I will take some pics so you can see too!

We were both extremely tired from working all day, but are so glad we had the time to get this done! Saturday evening I cooked breakfast and we watched the devastating Carolina game. Yep, we were disappointed, AGAIN! We are really hoping for a big win against Florida next week!

Sunday, I skipped church, and slept in. I know, shame on me, but I needed some extra sleep after what was a tiring day Saturday. Sunday my mom and I just hung out most of the day then when Hal got home from work we went to eat at his parents' house.

It was a really great weekend and I am so excited I get 3 days off this weekend!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

This post just warmed my heart. I love weekends like that! All the rushing up and down the highway, preparing for guests, cooking, cleaning, etc. are SO my thing... wouldn't trade all that for the world. But at the same time, it makes the down weekends - the just you and your hubby weekends - soooooo special!

Jessi said...

I rode by you house last night and it is just adorable. I can't wait to see it decorated for Christmas.