I got off about 10:30 Wednesday morning and came back to work today, but I swear that long weekend was just enough to make me mad! I guess I'll take what I can get, though. heehee.
Thursday Hal and I slept very late. We had planned to go to the soup kitchen but when I called they said they didn't need us. We were disappointed that we couldn't go, but thankful they had plenty of people to help! Once we got up, I made a couple pecan pies and we headed off to my moms. She cooked a huge, wonderful meal and we ate about 5:00. I didn't eat anything all day, just so I would have room for that good food! I was so full that I was still full when I woke up Friday morning, and I had heartburn. I ate WAY too much. Thanksgiving only comes once a year though, right?
Friday morning my parents, Hal, and I got up before the sun came up and headed to Plumtree, NC to cut down our Christmas Trees. We got back home and Hal and I put up our tree and most of our Christmas decorations. We didn't finish Friday night because we were so tired, so we left a big mess for me to sort through on Saturday.
Since Hal had to work on Saturday, I got up early and began sorting through all of our decorations. By 11:00 our house was in order and beautifully decorated. I was so thrilled! My house is decorated so pretty, I am thinking of just leaving the decorations up year-round. The tree makes our house smell wonderful, and finally I think I am in the Christmas spirit!
Yesterday was a real lazy day for Hal and me. We laid around ALL day long and did nothing! I was definately not ready to come back to work today, but since I am off again in 4 weeks, I can stand it.
I hope your weekend was as wonderful as mine! I will try to remember my camera tomorrow so I can post some pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment