Thursday, November 1, 2007

November's 1st Thursday



Now that its November (can you believe it?) I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving. I really enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday, probably more than Christmas. Here are 13 reasons why I look forward to and love Thanksgiving:

  1. dressing and turkey gravy
  2. cranberry sauce
  3. sweet potato casserole
  4. intimate time with family over a wonderful meal
  5. my mom is the BEST cook and it really shows at Thanksgiving
  6. other than preparing the food, there is no stress!
  7. we always have leftovers for more than one day
  8. yummy dessert we are always too full to eat!
  9. a couple of days off that I can actually enjoy!
  10. Thanksgiving means only a couple weeks left of school
  11. Thanksgiving dinner at our church - it is a HUGE meal that everyone in the church shares. It is always a great time and a great meal, that we look forward to every year!
  12. this year I have my own kitchen so I can really help my mom prepare some things for our meal.
  13. the Friday after Thanksgiving, my parents, Hal, and I drive to North Carolina to cut down our own Christmas tree. Its an all-day trip that we really enjoy!

Only 21 more days until Thanksgiving and I can't wait! : )

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love your list of Thanksgiving favorites! Most of them are favorites of mine, too!!