Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sick

Our very 1st mortgage payment was due today, so I paid it a couple of weeks ago.

We got our 2nd statement in the mail today and I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Only $46 of the entire payment went to principle, the rest went to INTEREST!

I think I am going to be sick...for 30 years!

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Yep... welcome to the joys of being a homeowner. ;-)

Annie said...

That's why I always say, "We don't own our home, the bank owns us!"

Terri said...

I agree, mortgage = sick!! :)

Natalie Kellett said...

haha. I know how you feel. Our taxes went up this year so so did our house payment. I want to live for free.. too bad we cant!!

Kelly said...

Oh yeah, it's bad. We pay over so that we can pay on the principle, and it's still ridiculous. Welcome to the club!

Jessi said...

Glad you could join us!! Just don't think about because it's a payment that you'll always have unless you win the lottery.

Mrs. Mullen said...

Blah...welcome to being in debt for life, lol.

Other than that...isnt it GREAT being a home owner!! Sure wish I could be IN my home right now, hehe...but Hawaii is alright ;) COMVE VISIT :)