This Christmas has probably been the best one that I can remember thus far in my life. The greatest part was getting to spend the holidays in my own home with my husband! It was over way too fast! We were blessed with way too many presents that we are so thankful for and excited about!
Hal and I have stayed busy the entire time that we have been off, and unfortunately Hal has to go back to work tomorrow.
Last weekend Hal and I spent the time preparing all of the last minute things for Christmas. I baked a 3 layer coconut cake that I am very proud of! On Christmas Eve we went to my parents house for supper. We had finger foods and tons of dessert. My mom cooked enough food for her entire neighborhood to eat twice! Later in the evening we went to the 11:00 Christmas service at church which is always a great time. Hal and I got home and were in the bed by 12:30am!
Tuesday, I got up and cooked breakfast for my parents at my house. It was nice to have them over to MY house for a change! Later that afternoon we went to Hal's parents' house for supper. Hal's mom cooked a beef tenderloin and it was WONDERFUL! We had a great meal and fun time with his family, and ended the night with a couple of UNO games, as usual.
Wednesday we went and cashed in our gift cards for some necessities and came back home and got to work! We had 2 rooms in our house that still hadn't been painted, so we used our Lowe's gift card to buy our paint and finish the job. We got started painting early Thursday morning and finally finished yesterday afternoon.
As soon as we got done painting yesterday afternoon, we went and bought our dining room set. We are supposed to get it on Monday, and I can't wait to finally have my house fully furnished!
Today, I have spent the entire day cleaning my house from top to bottom, and organizing all of the things that needed to be put back into their correct places. While we were painting, our house looked like a tornado had come through, so I am happy to say that my house is spic and span again!
Like I said before, Hal has to work tomorrow which is a major bummer, because the last 7 days with him have been wonderful! He gets off on New Years Eve, but then has to be back at work at 7:30am on New Years Day. Unfortunately we won't be able to go big for New Years this year, because he has to work so early.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment