Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pillow talk

I have a pretty serious problem, and I am desperate for some help!

(this is going to seem silly, but I am being serious!!)

I need your help finding a great pillow, one for my bed, where I rest my head every night!

I am such a freak about pillows, Hal and my parents will tell you. I will find the perfect pillow and use it for 4 or 5 years just because its so hard to find great pillows. Well after 4 or 5 years of sleeping on a pillow every night, you know they turn into pancakes. When Hal and I moved into our new house, I gave in and said that I would get rid of our old pillows (tear) and buy new ones. This was hard for me to do, because I knew that it would take a lot to find a good one. After what was a very hard time, putting my pillows in the trash, I began my search to find the perfect pillow.

Here is the reason I am a freak. I cannot just go into a store and feel of a pillow with my hands and know that its a great pillow. I actually have to LAY on it. So I get down in the floor of the store and lay on the pillow to find out just how great it is. This is actually a great method, because I can tell right away when my head hits the hard floor, if its good or not.

So I went to 3 or 4 places looking for pillows and was having no luck. Finally I went to Target and had some luck. They have their pillows organized by firmness...soft, medium, firm, and extra firm. I am not big on laying on a concrete block for a pillow, nor do I like to lay on a really soft pillow. I chose the medium pillow, and got down in the floor to test it out. Yes, I laid on the hard, tile, dirty floor at Target. You have to do what you have to do, right? So I tried it out and it was great; it was perfect actually. Not too hard, not too soft, just right for my tastes.

I brought my pillow home and had a great night's sleep for about 2 weeks. The pillow was perfect, and then all of a sudden it went flat! AFTER TWO WEEKS! All of the stuffing that was inside has mysteriously disappered, and no amount of fluffing can bring it back. I might as well be sleeping without a pillow!

For the last couple of weeks I wake up and something is always hurting. If its not my head, its my neck, and if its not that, then its my back. I am getting really frustrated.

I need to find another great pillow! Can you please help me? Maybe a good name brand, or a place to go that has a nice selection? I am desperate!

Thanks : )

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I won't be any help with finding pillows but you sure gave me a chuckle. You are too funny!
Jackie

The Dales said...

Well, Jonathan is the SAME WAY!! Does it drive Hal nuts like it drives me nuts? Hahaha! He is always talking about his dern pillow and how he doesn't like it so he takes mine and uses it until it is flat and then he wants another one (like 3 months after he just got a new one!) I think we got our last ones a TJ Maxx, sometimes they have several different brands, Ralph Lauren, Laura Ashley, etc so maybe you could fine one there? Good Luck! Maybe I will ask Jonathan for you! :)