Sunday, December 16, 2007

A good and restful weekend...

I have to say, I am kind of glad to see this weekend go. Hal has been on night shift and tonight is his last night. I will be so glad to go to bed with my husband for the next 2 and 1/2 weeks!

Since Hal has slept most of the weekend, I have found time to rest and get a lot of things done!

On Saturday morning, I woke up really early to be at the gym by 8:00. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I finally gave in and joined the YMCA again. I got the student discount for only $20/month so it didn't hit me in the wallet as bad as I thought it would. Anyway, the Y was having a "Christmas Cardio" from 8:00 to 11:00, and I decided to kick off my gym membership by attending. We started off with Spin at 8, then step, and kickboxing at 9. At 10 we did upper body, abs, and yoga. It was a great workout, and I know for sure it was, because every muscle in my body hurts today. Thats okay, though, because I am sure that I burned at least 5,000 calories while I was there!

Last night I hung out with Hal until he went to work, then battled the rain with my mom, and went Christmas shopping. I am proud to say that ALL of my shopping is DONE!

This morning, I woke up so sore, so I decided to skip church and sleep in. I know, shame on me, but I felt I needed the rest. I slept really late, then got up and finally got my laundry tackled while Hal was asleep. After Hal and I ate supper, he went to work, and I got to work myself. I wrapped all of my presents, and now they are all under the tree! I am happy to say that I am READY for Christmas! Only 8 more days, y'all!

I have to work the 5 days of this week, and then I am off for 11! Hal and I have already made big plans for our time off!

Oh yeah, another thing, I took my last exam Thursday night and I am done with school for about 4 weeks!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Natalie Kellett said...

That's exciting to have 11 days off especially around christmas! Have fun and enjoy it. You deserve it with all your schooling and work!!! Have a merry christmas. love ya!

Medic Mom said...

Congrats on completing your semester! My Dad said he met you the other day... its a small world, huh?