On Friday night Hal and I went with our friends Chad and Loren to Hollywild Zoo to see the Christmas lights and to feed the animals. We had such a blast, and we were the envy of ALL the other cars! Loren's dad gave us some of his deer corn to feed the deer and we had them ALL eating right out of our hands. It was such a fun time!
the 4 of us at the zoo:

I love these cows, they are the biggest Holstein cows I have ever seen!

Hal likes the camels. Did you know they have really long eyelashes?

He made a new friend...that was trying to chew on his coat.

the sweet zebra, seriously it was really sweet!

all of the deer were crowded around OUR car!

the bucks were fighting over our food.

I love that Hollywild lets you interact with their animals so closely. All of the animals are really sweet and docile. It really was a great time!
4 comments:
Oh that looks like so much fun!
Awww! I love Hollywild! Looks like y'all had a blast...cute pictures :)
We went on Nov. 27, around 8:30 pm and no one was there. So I know what you mean about the animals eating out of your hand. The horse & zebra were trying to eat out of our laps. I believe that was the best trip to Hollywild ever. Johnathan asked the man, that was standing with the cows, "Is Paul Bunyon back there too?" Because they were HUGE. Thanks for the pics!!
How crowded was it? We took Caroline last year and it took almost 3 hours. It was fun, (for the first hour!) but then we all started getting cranky and Caroline ended up screaming the whole way home.
My mom wants to take the kids back this year, but I don't think I want to endure it! :-)
Post a Comment