Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Survey

I, like many, am a sucker for surveys. Here is one from Annie's blog that I decided to do too:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper

2. Real or artificial tree? nothing but real, you really can't beat the smell of a live tree

3. When do you put up the tree? the day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? the day after Christmas

5. Do you like eggnog? yes

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got lots of great gifts, the one that really sticks out in my head is my Powerwheels Barbie Corvette

7. Do you have a nativity scene? no, I really want the WillowTree one but I can't afford it

8. Hardest person to buy for? everyone is pretty easy...thankfully!

9. Easiest person to buy for? Hal, for sure

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? there is this one thing, but I really don't want to say, because I am supposed to be thankful for everything I get!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? sometime in December

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? all of the desserts...boiled custard and pound cake would probably be my absolute favorite

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? only clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? STAY AT HOME!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? who can't? all of them are on my Christmas dishes!

20. What's on the tree top? a plaid bow

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? most of them on Christmas Eve

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? that people forget the real reason for the season

23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? no theme, just pretty ornaments and white lights

24. What do/did you leave for Santa? I don't really remember, Oreos maybe?

25. What were any traditions you had growing up? we spent Christmas Eve with my dad's mom and Christmas day with my mom's parents...too many others to write.