Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thankful

This weekend my mom and I were out and we ran into an old boyfriend of mine, his wife, and his family. It brought back some things to memory that I wanted to share.

This boy and I were semi-serious and even talked about marriage at one point. Although we were highschool sweethearts, at that time, we thought we would want to get married.

When I remember back to that relationship, I remember my heart was never in it one hundred percent. I would talk about marriage, but in my heart I always knew it would never work out. I always knew I would never let it go that far.

Eventually I did follow my heart and I ended the relationship.

Every single day since I have been with Hal I have thanked God for having another path for my life, and for being the force in my heart that led me in another direction.

As we talked and shared general pleasantries I was thankful; thankful that God let me share a couple of years with this boy so that I would truly appreciate the real, heart-filling love that I feel for Hal.

I am thankful that God has a path for my life and I am anxious to follow his will, for it is always right.

3 comments:

Terri said...

It is so funny that this is how you felt about your high school boyfriend because I felt EXACTLY the same way about mine! It was semi-serious, there was talk of marriage although the more time went by, the more I DID NOT want to marry him, and after about a year and a half of not being happy with him, GOD helped me end the relationship. It was, by far, one of the BEST decisions I have ever made. Not a day passes by that I do not thank GOD for the man I married instead!

Kelly said...

I totally agree too. God surely has a plan for all of us, and sometimes it's the opposite of what we think it will be. I am VERY thankful for the husband the Lord has given me, and I still pray for Michael, my HS BF's, family.

Elizabeth said...

I know exactly what you mean Haley. Although I am still not married, I am so glad that I realized that my last serious relationship was unhealthy. It took me forever to realize it, but it has been completely worth it. I just pray for God to show me the man He intends for me to marry ONE day! :) Good thing I'm not in a hurry!