Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Back to the grind

My fall break is over and I am back to the daily grind again. I really enjoyed not having to go to class straight from work, and I am going to miss getting home at 4:45 instead of 8:30!

Monday I got to go to the Beacon with my parents. I love the Beacon, but Hal hates it, so I have to go with my parents when Hal is working. After supper Monday night I laid around on the couch, and went to bed at 9:00! I don't get to do that very often.

Last night I had quite a few visitors! As I was cleaning up for my planned guests to come over, one of my best friends since 6th grade, John Thomas, stopped by for a surprise visit. He was looking to buy a house in our neighborhood, and stopped to see me while he was in the area. We actually got to go eat supper together and catch up on all the time we have missed. I haven't seen him since my wedding in March! After supper we came back and sat on the porch. While we were sitting there, our neighbors Taylor and Lindsey stopped while they were walking their dog.

While John, Taylor, Lindsey, and I stood out in the yard talking, my planned guests arrived with the cutest little pumpkin I had ever seen! It was Jonathan, Stephanie, and Perrin! They finally got to come over and see our house, and I finally got to see Perrin again! I hadn't seen him since he was 3 days old! We had a really fun visit and I was so glad they got to come. I have missed them so much, and I know I won't let it go as long until the next time I get to spend time with them.

Unfortunately Hal missed all of the fun because he was working, but it won't be the last time we get to see our friends. I had a great break from school and I really hate its over! I can't wait until next semester when I only have to go one night a week!

Happy Hump Day!! :D

2 comments:

The Dales said...

It was great getting to come over and see your beautiful house! I love spending time with you and we missed Hal! Thanks for letting us come over and we can't wait to see you again Friday for our walk to Byrnes!! :)

Meredith said...

Yay! Fun times!
JT is just the best. In high school I adored him as well as Kyle.
And I love Perrin, of course!