Was it a beautiful weekend, or what? I don't think we could have ordered one better.
Saturday was a bittersweet day. Clemson won, a big win, and Carolina lost, a big loss. I was excited about the Clemson game, they really deserved it, and they played like the Clemson Tigers I grew up watching. I couldn't have been more proud of the team. Carolina played a heck of a game, I really mean a heck of a game. They came back from 21-0 at half time, to end up leading the game with 2 minutes left. Tennessee tied it up and then won with a kick in overtime. I am disappointed that they lost, but they played a great game. I don't know if I have seen them play better all year, than they did in the 2nd half. If they can keep it up, Arkansas and Florida better LOOK OUT!
Yesterday we celebrated our niece's 6th birthday. We had a great little party with the whole family. Although we were gone from home ALL DAY, it was a great day!
You know I told you last Monday that Hal was out in the rain planting grass? Well we could not have picked a better week to plant grass! Would you believe that our yard is already FULL of our new grass? We are so excited! Hal really worked hard and it is coming up great! He put down winter rye so we are going to have a beautiful GREEN yard this winter!!
The BoSox swept the Rockies to win the World Series last night.
Remember the 6 USC students and the Clemson student that died in the fire in Ocean Isle, NC this weekend. At least one of the deceased and one survivor was from Greenville.
Also, here is my new list of must tries:
Southern Blackberry Cobbler ice cream by Blue Bell. It is WONDERFUL! I am such a sucker for blackberry cobbler anyday and this tastes just like it. The ice cream is a blackberry and vanilla swirl with pie crust in the ice cream. I LOVE IT! You must try it if you love blackberry cobbler!
"Laughed Until We Cried" by Jason Aldean is one of my new favorite songs. It is a wonderful song that almost always brings a tear to my eye.
2 comments:
Hey Ms. Haley!! Glad you had a good weekend. Weather has been great. I will def have to try some of that icecream!
YUM, I need to try that ice cream!
Post a Comment