Hal and I had a fabulous weekend, just as I suspected!!
I got off at lunch time on Friday, so I went home and helped Hal with yardwork and other things that needed to be done around the house. Friday night I packed and got us ready to go to Charleston.
Saturday morning we woke up early and headed off to the greatest place in the world!! We did make a detour in Columbia to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Salty Nut, for lunch. It is a great little burger joint in 5 Points where we've spent MANY Thursday nights!
We made it to Charleston around 1:30 and stopped at the Citadel for a little visit. When we got there the Citadel-Furman football game had just started and the Gift Shop had just closed so we left, saying we would come back on Sunday.
We headed to check into our hotel, then to the wedding. The wedding was beautiful and I was so glad that we were able to make it down! We met up with our good friends Lauren and Richard and had dinner at Yamato, a GREAT Japanese restaurant in Mt. Pleasant. We hadn't seen them since April so we were glad to be able to spend time with them. After dinner, we were tired so we headed back to the hotel for bed!
Sunday morning we woke up with intentions of going to walk on the Cooper River Bridge. We were both more in the mood to be lazy, so we just laid around until lunch time. We finally checked out and went to eat lunch at our favorite, Kickin' Chicken. It was SO good. While we were eating, Hal had the great idea of going to Marble Slab after lunch. After we went to Marble Slab we went to the Citadel Gift Shop to get a few things. You can really only get most Citadel things from the gift shop at the Citadel so we took full advantage. Hal and I both got a tee shirt, an ornament for our Christmas tree, and two prints that I am going to have framed.
Hal was delighted to be back at the Citadel. As much as he says he hated it and would never go back, he really does love to go back and remember all of the good times he had there. I love to see his eyes light up and his big smile as we drive around campus and see what's changed. Hopefully, we will be able to go back more often. The Citadel has a special place in Hal's heart, and now it does mine.
We got on the road and got home about 5:00. We ate with Hal's parents at Mellow Mushroom last night which was so YUMMY! We finally got home for the first time around 9:00. It was really a great weekend!
What makes life even better, I don't have class for 2 days!! I get to go straight home from work today! Of course I forgot my camera, so I will post the weekend pics tomorrow!
2 comments:
So Jon, Perrin and I are gonna try and come to your house tomorrow night. What time and is it a good night?? Let me know! Glad you had a super weekend!
I love love love the Salty Nut. I used to live right beside it at Place on the Green and I spent countless hours there. It is one of my favorite spots in Columbia.
Post a Comment