Friday, October 26, 2007

Where did the music go?

I love music, and for the last couple of years I have been somewhat put-out with the music that is on the radio.

I grew up listening to country music, and country is always consistent with songs that I like to listen to. In middle school I developed my own tastes in music and that is when I started to like listening to good bands. You might call that kind of music alternative, but I don't really think of it that way. I think of it as just good quality music being played by good quality musicians. They don't have to scream, wear make up, or jump around on stage for their music to give you goose bumps.

Think about whats on the radio right now, where have these kinds of bands gone? Why do I never hear Dave Matthew's Band, Incubus, Dashboard Confessional, Hootie and the Blowfish, Matchbox 20, and others on the radio anymore? I have been to 4 Dave Matthew's concerts and they have always been sold out, so why don't I hear them on the radio?

I still listen to country and the light stations, just because I can't stand whats on the top 40 stations right now.

I desperately want to see good music come back into the top 40. Whats there now, I am not really sure I even consider music! How can you call that top 40?

I know this is my own opinion and some might not agree. I love good music, though. Right now I am having to pull out my old CDs from high school to listen to what I love.

Where has it gone and when will it come back?


Here's an "oldie" that I love.


4 comments:

Meredith said...

I know what you mean. I listen to the "adult contemporary" and "light" stations more and more. I've been telling myself it's just because I'm old. :)
There's actually a lot of good music out there, but the Top 40 stations seem to be obsessed with hip hop, rap, and dance music. And I don't mean that music is all bad (I love some good bootie music every now and then - haha!), but I do mean that there isn't enough variety being played.

Annie said...

I agree! I was actually thinking of doing my Thursday 13 on 13 songs I wish they would never play on the radio again.
Topping the list would have been:
Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie or actually ANYTHING by her for that matter and that song new by Kanye West "what doesn't kill me" or whatever the name of it is. .

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Terri said...

I totally agree Haley!
Like the saying goes, "oldies but goodies."