Thursday, October 18, 2007

Its ALMOST Friday!

Stephanie and I were having a conversation about how hard it is to lose weight Tuesday night. I will be the first to admit that I have put on a few pounds since I started my job last October. No matter what I do, its impossible (or almost) for me to shed those pounds, and more, that I have gained!

Here are 13 reasons why I have such trouble losing weight:

1. I SIT behind a desk for 8 hours a day, then leave work and SIT at another desk for 3 more hours.

2. Sleeping an extra 45 minutes in the morning seems so much better than getting up to exercise!

3. By the time I get home from school, all I want to do is go to bed!

4. My husband "surprises" me with a half dozen of Krispy Kreme Pumpkin Spice Cake Donuts.

5. When I order a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks, I always order large.

6. I never have time to cook anymore because I am always at school!

7. McDonalds sweet tea - its only $1 for 32 ounces of tea!

8. Bread.

9. We still don't have a DVD player so I can't do my Pilates video!

10. I don't drink nearly enough water, I'd rather just drink sweet tea.

11. Marble Slab Creamery - candy bars and ice cream are a deadly combination

12. My mom brought me apples. Instead of eating them as a wholesome snack, I decided to make an apple PIE!! : )

13. Healthy food doesn't taste nearly as good!

At least I know the things I need to change!! : )

3 comments:

The Dales said...

I am feeling you on this! Especially number 7! I LOVE McDonald's, its my guilty pleasure!

Terri said...

Oh Haley, I relate to your entire Thursday 13! I think that a lot of women (myself included!) gain weight when they get married. The stress of trying to stay in shape for the wedding is over, it's too hard to get out of bed early and too dark when you come home at night to exercise. Not to mention that if you are like me and a lot of other people, you're on a budget. It sometimes costs more to eat healthier, fresher foods. We try to eat healthy, but like you, I am a sucker for Starbucks and doughnuts too! Glad to know I am not the only one struggling with this!

Kelly said...

I swear, I could have written this! I'm right there with you. At night I think of all the things I can do to lose weight, and then don't do a single one of them the next day. :-)