Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy October!

It was such a beautiful weekend! I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked, but I did get some rest, finally!
Friday afternoon when I got home from work I dwindled down a lot of the boxes that were still packed. I got my kitchen organized and have very little left to do for the house to be in order. Whew! I actually got to cook Friday night for the first time. I hadn't cooked in a long time so I was delighted to be able to!


My new refrigerator and range that we got Wednesday, I love them!



Saturday morning, my mom and I got up very early and headed out to the Hub City Farmer's Market in Spartanburg that I had heard so much about. We left out before 8:00 because I had heard if you didn't come early everything would be gone. We pulled up to the market and it was 9 cars with tents, selling things like lotions, candles, and odd things. We were pretty disappointed! We left there and headed to the Greenville State Farmer's Market where we thought we would have better luck. It was a REAL farmer's market and we scored some great things! My mom got some fresh pinto beans that she cooked yesterday for lunch, they were great! I got some fresh white corn that I can't wait to cook. Here are some pictures of some other things we got:

The snap dragons and small pansies I got along with the baby pumpkins!




I got snap dragons and pansies at the market and planted them in the planter that my mother-in-law gave me.

I got this beautiful burgundy mum and this cute pumpkin!

We had a very restful day yesterday and overall it was a wonderful weekend. I just hope and pray the weather stays as is for a while!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your kitchen looks so cute! Congratulations on the new house. Decorating is the best part!!

Terri said...

I LOVE your kitchen, Haley!! And I also love your flowers and pumpkins! Isn't fall wonderful?! Looks like you are doing an awesome job decorating your new home :)

Libby said...

Everything looks so cute! You need to let me know where your new house is, because I think we are pretty close to each other! And I agree with Terri, you are doing a wonderful job decorating!

Keith said...

Hi, Haley! I love the color of paint in your kitchen!

Anonymous said...

oops, sorry - that was me!

Haley said...

Libby - We live in Lyman Mill Village on Brook Street, where are you?

Meredith - Thank you! The color is actually more green than it looks in the picture. It is called Palm Breeze by Behr.

Thanks Terri and Elizabeth for the sweet comments!

Kelly said...

Your kitchen looks GREAT! I know you are lovin' it! :-)

Kelly said...

BTW, we aren't too far from you guys. We're in Lyman off of 358.

Carly said...

Hey, Neighbor! Anna told me that you and Hal had moved into the neighborhood. We live at #12. Welcome to The Village!