Monday, March 3, 2008

Wii Had A Blast!

Hal and I got back last night from our trip to Gatlingburg with our friends Loren and Chad. We really did have a great time, and as I hoped, got a lot of rest!

Friday night we got up there about 8:30. We had to drive up those curvy mountain roads in the pouring down rain so that slowed us down a lot. When we got there I cooked tacos really quick and we finally ate dinner about 9:00. After dinner we set up the Wii and I learned exactly what everyone has been raving about. Hal and I are thinking of making an investment in one very soon. After about an hour on the Wii, we decided to jump in the hot tub. It was so nice and warm but the wind was whipping outside, so we had to go back inside after about 15 minutes. The hot tub really made us tired, so we all hit the rack pretty soon after that.

Saturday morning we got up, and Loren and I made a big breakfast feast. We had french toast, grits, eggs, and bacon. It was so yummy. After breakfast and some more playtime on the Wii, we all set out for some Pigeon Forge fun. We only ended up going up the the Bass Pro Shops and out to lunch, and then we headed back in for the evening. As soon as we got back I got in the hot tub again and everyone else eventually joined me. After an hour in the hot tub, and 4 wrinkled bodies, we decided it was time for dinner. Since Loren and I had made such a big breakfast, we thought it was best that the boys do the cooking this time. They made us steaks, baked potatoes, and salads. They did a great job and it all tasted great. We ended up staying up until about 1:00 playing cards and Wii, before we decided to turn in for the night.

Sunday morning we got up really early, packed the car, and headed out for breakfast. We ate at IHOP, which I have been craving for a month now. After breakfast we headed over into Gatlinburg to ride the tram up to Ober Gatlinburg where we would ice skate. Hal had never skated before and he picked it up SO fast. He was a natural at it! He only fell once, and he only fell because he was trying to be fancy and do a spin. After a couple hours of ice skating we decided it was time to head back down the mountain to SC.

Our trip was really great, and the greatest thing was that we spent a lot of our time resting and relaxing at the cabin. I felt rejuvenated when I got home, so much so that I actually unpacked our bags as soon as we got home. If you know me, you know I NEVER do that. It was really nice to get away for the weekend, with no plans tying us down.

Here are a few pictures:


We learned how to box on the Wii, it was super fun and a great workout!

Hal learned to ice skate for the first time, and he was great at it!

Me and Hubby on the ice.


We had to take a "tram" up to Ober Gatlinburg...basically its a suspended cable car. Hal was terrified. Here's a view from the tram.
I didn't take many pictures actually, so this is all you get.


2 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm glad you had a good time...can't wait to hear more about it!! :)

Libby said...

I am so glad you had a great weekend! Everyone needs to get away like that once in a while! I'm a little jealous!!