Although I am working for three days this week, I am technically on Spring Break! I don't have class this week, and we are leaving for Charleston on Thursday, so I am feeling pretty great about it being Monday. Its just the start of a fantastic week!
Hal and I had a GREAT Easter weekend! I was off Friday so I got to spend some quality time with my sweet hubby. We went shopping, and just bummed around most of the day. It was absolutely wonderful to have a day off work without having to worry about WORK.
Saturday Hal and I slept really late. After we finally got up, Hal cleaned our cars and I stayed in and baked our pies for Sunday lunch. Once the pies were done, Hal and I got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather we had on Saturday. We went for a run, did some conditioning exercises, then took Layla for a walk. We sat on the porch until sundown because it was just too beautiful to waste the daylight.
Yesterday Hal and I woke up early, very excited that our Lenten fast was finished. We ate a couple of Girl Scout cookies for breakfast, then I made biscuits and apple butter to fill us up. We headed off to church where we took the last couple of seats on the back row. We were 15 minutes early. After the service started there was standing room only in the church. It is so wonderful to see how our church continues to grow!
While I am on the subject of church, I have 2 praise reports to share. First, we had 11 people get baptised Sunday morning! It was such an emotional time for our church family, and it was great to be there to share in the joy of the Lord. Second, our pastor was telling us that our church was going to be helping a new Women's Shelter that's opening in a couple of months. He said that he called the director and asked for their most pressing need. She told him that she needed two industrial size washers and driers. After hearing the need, he went and bought them, with the hope that the church would raise the money to pay for them. He needed $2,000 to pay for them. During the service yesterday he asked for a love offering to go towards paying for the washers and dryers. At the end of the service it was reported that in that one service our church members donated $2,130 towards the purchase of those machines. Isn't that awesome?
After church yesterday we went to my mom's to eat. She prepared a wonderful meal, and it was SO good! I made Kentucky Pie for dessert which was a big hit! Even though we were still pretty full, we went to Hal's parents for supper. They had another big meal prepared, and it was just more than I could handle. Needless to say, I was still full when I woke up this morning.
I did get to have a few sweet things yesterday since my Lent fast was over. I had a couple of girl scout cookies, a piece of Kentucky Pie and vanilla ice cream, 3 Starburst jelly beans, A LOT of sweet tea, and a piece of pineapple cake. I am sure all of that had something to do with the fact that I was full ALL day!
It was a great Easter weekend, and I am just squirming with excitement about this coming weekend!
2 comments:
Sounds like you all had a great weekend...enjoy your sweets! :)
YAY!! You can have sweets again!! I'm so proud of y'all for doing so well and giving up sweets for Lent! Hope y'all have a fun weekend in Charleston! :)
Post a Comment