Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Day of Spring



Most of you know by now that Tuesday is our first wedding anniversary. We are pretty excited because we are going to be celebrating all next week! I have loved every minute of being married, and this past year has been the greatest year of my life so far. Here are 13 reasons I love being married:


  1. After 4 years of staying up late so we could be together, its nice to be able to go to bed early and know that he's there, and will be there when I wake up. Thats probably my favorite thing.
  2. I love that Hal loves to take care of me and provide for me.
  3. We can jump in the car and go, anytime, anywhere, and we don't have to ask anyone first.
  4. I love having our own home. Whether it was in our apartment or in our house, I love knowing that we have made a home together.
  5. I get to spend all of my time with my best friend in the whole world.
  6. I have always been very independent, but now, I love the fact that I have a partner for life. I know that I can depend on him and trust him with my life.
  7. Hal and I are constantly learning and experiencing new things together. I love sharing all of my experiences with him.
  8. I can be candid with all of my thoughts, and thats okay with Hal. Even if I'm saying something he doesn't want to hear, he still understands, and loves me anyway. I don't have to be fake or worry about what he's going to think. The same goes with him.
  9. I am so comfortable with Hal. I don't have to be anything but myself, and he loves me still. Its such a relief to know that.
  10. Hal has brought such a light into my life, a void that could have only been filled by him. Even our worst fights are better than the days before he came into my life.
  11. We don't take life too seriously, so we laugh and laugh all the time. He knows me like the back of his hand, can finish my sentences, and even tell me what I'm thinking. I couldn't find that anywhere else.
  12. I love that even after 5 years, 4 years of dating and 1 year of marriage, I still get butterflies for him.
  13. I love that he's MINE forever.

6 comments:

Autumn said...

That is so sweet Haley, congratulations on your first year of marriage, and I wish you many more to come.

Terri said...

AWWW!!! So sweet, Haley!! :)

Mrs. Mullen said...

Isnt marriage wonderful Haley!! I am glad I got to be there on the day you and Hal started your life together!!

Libby said...

I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary with Hal! I agree with Lindsey, marriage is wonderful! Enjoy your week together!

The Dales said...

Haley I miss your sweet self! Lets do lunch one day this week if you aren't too busy, i can do it wed, thurs, of fri....let me know!

Medic Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!!! We wish you many more years to come! Were you at Kanpai in G'ville on Thursday?