Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday 13


I have really learned a lot from my Lent fast this year. I have never done it before and never realized how hard it would be. I have done my best to stick with it, and have prayed everyday for the Lord to help me through. I have to admit, though, that I am looking forward to a few things when Lent is officially over. Here are 13 things I can't wait to have on or after Easter:


  1. SWEET TEA!



  2. Girl Scout Cookies - we have 5 boxes in the freezer right now



  3. my last couple of pieces of Godiva Chocolate



  4. a Starbucks venti Mocha Frappuccino



  5. the top of our wedding cake - our anniversary is 2 days after Easter!!



  6. Marble Slab Creamery



  7. Easter candy- especially the Reese's Cup eggs!



  8. Starburst Sour Jelly Beans



  9. Chocolate milk



  10. Paula Deen's Kentucky Pie - I'm making one for Easter lunch.


  11. Oreos and milk


  12. Cherry Coke


  13. Key Lime Pie - Hal and I are going to Hank's in Charleston, and I hear they have a great pie!


I really love desserts, and 40 days without anything sweet seems like a long time. Of course I will not have all of these in one day, and probably not in one week, but they are things I am looking forward to incorporating back into my diet slowly.

No comments: