Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Old Married Couple

We celebrated our anniversary last night like an old married couple would.

We really couldn't decide where to eat for dinner, because we are really celebrating at a nice restaurant in Charleston this weekend. We ended up going to Outback. After our early dinner we headed back home for the evening.

I forgot to take our wedding cake out of the frig, so we didn't get to have wedding cake last night. We are going to give it a try tonight.

We got home from dinner around 6:45 and both of us were exhausted. We laid down in our bed to rest for a few minutes before we got up to get some things done. The next thing I knew, I woke up and it was 8:00pm. Hal woke up about the same time, and we turned on the TV to watch American Idol. Neither one of us ever got up out of our bed. As soon as American Idol was over, we turned the TV off and went right back to sleep.

How eventful, right? Hee hee.

Its okay, the real celebration begins tomorrow in Chuck Town!

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will be back to blogging on Monday! Happy Hump Day!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

I think it's sweet.
Be swanky and sexy and fun this weekend! Safe travels!

The Dales said...

Have a grrreat time this weekend and come back ready to have LUNCH WITH ME or I may die!

Oh, I totally understand you old couple anniversary thing.....its even "older" when you have a child...hahaha! At least we got away for the weekend!

Mrs. Mullen said...

Sounds like my kind of anniversary :) Sev is better about celebrating our anniversary than I am...I'm all for low key, sleeping all day kind of celebration, lol.

Have a GREAT weekend!!!!

Libby said...

That's too funny Haley! Brad and I spent our one year anniversary at the hospital. Kayleigh was born on our anniversary, and we spent the entire day anxiously awaiting her arrival. We got home late, ate a few bites of cake and then went to bed. Luckily a couple of weeks later we were able to go on a cruise! Have a great weekend celebrating in Charleston! Look out for Jordan, he's home and he should be in Charleston this weekend!

Autumn said...

I think it sounds like the perfect way to celebrate, as long as you're together right?!! I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend! Be safe!

Kelly said...

So sweet! Happy anniversary! Have a great weekend!

Jackie said...

Happy Anniversary Sweet People. I so enjoyed your wedding in Charleston a year ago, dancing, eating and enjoying the view of a couple in love. Even though my dear sweet niece tried to kill me in the bathroom in our hotel room. ha ha ha. And seating your grandmother was the best, hmmmmmmm.

Medic Mom said...

This is so funny! It reminds me of how we spent our anniversary - Cory sick with the stomach bug! I know you guys are having a great time in Charleston!! Happy Anniversary, again!