Monday, April 28, 2008

Week In Review

Hal and I had an exceptionally busy week last week. I don't feel the need to go in detail, so here's a quick rundown of what's been going on with us.

* Monday my stepdad came home from the hospital so we spent the evening with my parents at home.
* Tuesday, a friend of my mom's brought in a great Chicken Pie for supper, so we had dinner with my parents. I also had my last online Anatomy test, and I am proud to say I made an A!
* Wednesday Hal and I went up to my parents house to cut their grass and do some yardwork for them since my stepdad can't do it. I forgot how fun it was to ride on a lawnmower.
* Wednesday night I quickly packed up our things, then at 11:00pm we decided we needed to make a Wal-Mart run. We finally got in bed by midnight.
* We woke up at 5:00am on Thursday morning to catch our 7:00am flight to Memphis. From Memphis we flew (on the roughest flight of my life) to Philly.
* We arrived in Philly about 12:00 and got to Hal's grandparents' house in New Jersey by 2:00. Grandmother cooked us a wonderful hot meal, and we layed around the rest of the day. We watched the Phil. Flyers game, which they lost but it was pretty exciting.
* Friday we got up early, went to breakfast then headed over to Atlantic City. We piddled around the Showboat Casino for a couple of hours then headed back home.
* Saturday we actually got to sleep in until about 9:00! We went to breakfast at a great little diner and went for a drive around South Jersey.
* We ended up going to a 200 year old jail that has been turned into a museaum. It turned out to be quite interesting. Afterwards Hal and I crashed for a 3 hour nap. We played Pinochle until about 11:00pm and watched the Flyers beat the Canadians!
* Yesterday we got up at 5:00am again to catch our flight home.
* Our plane was grounded because it had gotten struck by lightning the night before. We had to change carriers, and ended up flying to Atlanta, then home.
* Our flights were all pretty rough and I have decided that I am not flying again for a very long time.
* Hal and I were in bed asleep by 9:00 last night and neither of us woke up until the clock went off at 6:20 this morning!

We have another busy week this week, but Hal is off again this weekend! We have lots of yardwork to get done, and I am so excited to get my hands in that dirt! I can't wait to finally spend a weekend with my hubby with no prior obligations.

I promise I will be better about blogging this week!

No comments: