Its a gorgeous day outside, I would rather not be working. Unfortunately I still have another hour and a half before I get off, so I am just going to kill some of the time by blogging. Nothing much has been going on with us in the last couple of days. I have actually only seen Hal for a total of about 3 hours in the last 3 days because he has been working nights. Here are some things that have been running through my mind lately.
* I have got to unpack from our trip, I just keep putting it off. Our suitcase is still exactly how it was when we brought it in the door on Sunday. I really really hate UNpacking.
* I don't like the idea of this whole Real ID that Congress has mandated. I think its just one more way for the government to control the lives of law-abiding citizens. I do not and will not ever believe in bigger government. I am becoming quite frustrated with government period.
* I am really sick and tired of the LIBERAL media making a certain LIBERAL candidate for president seem like God! All of the "change" he speaks of is nothing more than smoke blowing. How is he planning on accomplishing all of this "change" in 4 years? And what changes is he really planning on bringing anyway?
* Energy efficiency is on my mind a lot lately. I want to do the best I can do to conserve as much energy as possible. I even bought a pair of organic cotton underwear at Victoria's Secret a couple of weeks ago. Hal and I have already decided when we can afford another car, it will definitely be a hybrid.
* I am really ready to get out in my yard and get it looking like I want it. We are putting sod down in about a month, but I am ready to plant my flowers and bushes now! I got the most beautiful variegated yellow lantana while we were in Charleston. I am hoping I will get it planted this weekend!
* I just saw on a commercial where Oprah and People Magazine have teamed up for a special that will air tomorrow on Oprah. Its about the man who got pregnant because his wife couldn't. Here's the website: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20187678,00.html I am pretty weirded out by this.
* Did anyone watch American Idol last night? I only caught Michael John's performance, and I am really sad I missed the others. I LOVE Dolly Parton! Wasn't Michael John's phenomenal?
Thats about it. Happy Hump Day!
4 comments:
I also hate unpacking.
On your thoughts about a "certain liberal candidate." Can I just say, AMEN! That is exactly what I want to know. He talks about change, but does he really have a plan? Okay, so he is going to pull us out of this war. Fine, but what is his plan when they come over here? What is his plan after he socializes medicine and it doesn't work? Because you know what? It won't. I am also so with you on small government. Okay, I better stop before I go nuts here. haha
Keith and I are totally on the energy bandwagon. If my Honda wasn't just four years old, I would be driving a Prius right now. Keith's car will have to be sold before mine, and I'm thinking we should replace it with a hybrid.
Hey, about lunch, I would like to say yes but Perrin is so sick and all I just don't know for certain yet. They said he should be getting better by Monday but who knows...I'll keep you posted though.
OK, any other day this week except Wednesday will work for us...PCD is in rare form, trying to get "un-spoiled" from being sick and held ALL THE TIME!!
Let me know!!
Post a Comment