Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Not a great week

Its only Tuesday and I already know this has not been and will not be one of my better weeks.

Hal was on night shift all last week. I only got to spend a little bit of time with him on Sunday, and a total of about 5 hours through the week and that's all. His work schedule changed and he's on the SAME shifts this week as he was last week, so we aren't going to see each other anymore this week than last. I stayed up until midnight last night just waiting for him to come in. I just wanted to hug him and kiss him, and I didn't want to leave him to go to work this morning. I won't see him again until he comes in at midnight, and that will be when he kisses me to wake me up to let me know he's home. I cried all the way to work this morning because it just SUCKS not to see him. I can't imagine being in a long distance relationship again, because I would just be miserable. I just have to make it through the next 5 days, and he will be on day shift for the next 3 weeks.

This coming Thursday, my stepdad has to have a heart catheterization. Normally I wouldn't be worried about this, because this is a very easy procedure. This time, though, I am very worried. This is his 4th heart cath, and this time it could result in open-heart surgery. We already know that one of his arteries has a 100% blockage, but the doctor said that it was okay during the last cath. This time it might not be. He went for a stress test last Wednesday and the doctor said that he found some very abnormal results and that a heart cath was a must. I am just praying that everything goes okay, and it is just another normal procedure. I just don't have a great feeling about it right now.

I am extremely emotional about everything lately; I guess I am just worried more than anything. I have been praying relentlessly about peace, and I have found it. I know that God is in control and he is the master physician, but I still can't help but worry.

On a good note, I just looked out the window and the sun finally came out! YES!

5 comments:

Terri said...

I'm sorry you are having a crummy week, Haley! I will certainly be praying for your stepdad on Thursday. Just keep reminding yourself to give all of your troubles over to GOD whenever you start worrying. Let us know how the heart cath goes.

Meredith said...

I'll be praying for him (and you!).

Mrs. Mullen said...

you are in my prayers :) Isn't it nice seeing the sun shine after so many rainy days :) Hang in there...these are just some of lifes rainy days youre going through.

Jessi said...

My mom had a heart cath this past summer, so I know how you feel. I will be praying for your family.

Jackie said...

Haley, I will remember your Stepdad and all of you. I loved watching your mom and him at your wedding, they looked so sweet and happy together. They deserve a long and happy life together. Love you all, Jackie