My stepdad is having open-heart surgery next Wednesday April 16th.
He went in for his heart cath and what they found wasn't good.
We have 3 main coronary arteries running around our heart. In his heart, one of them is 100% blocked, one of them is 90% blocked, and the third one is 50% blocked. The doctor said the bottom part of his heart is not getting enough blood, and heart surgery is the only option. He has had 3 stents, and he said it would only be a waste of time to do another. The 90% blockage was around a previous stent. Luckily the doctor said that his heart is very strong and in very good shape, so this will only prolong his life.
Although we were somewhat expecting to hear this news, it was very hard to hear. I am worried sick, and very emotional. Thank goodness I have a powerful, loving God that will bring my stepdad through this.
My blogging friends, I ask that you keep my family, especially my stepdad, in your prayers this week and next as we tackle this major obstacle together.
Thank you!
10 comments:
I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers!
We will definitely keep you in our prayers. Keep us updated!!!
Haley your family are in my prayers. Keep us updated!
You certainly have my prayers, Haley! Your stepdad is such a sweet guy, so I have no doubt that he has a good heart :) GOD will take great care of him and your family.
oh haley you and your family are in my prayers. These situations are never easy especially when its someone so close. I am sure he will come through great. Just a short recovery. God will be with him..
Hi! I am a "blog-lurker" and have stoped by your blog a few times. But, anyways, I will defintly be praying for your stepdad. My grandma had to have a pace maker put in and that was really tough for our family. But, I pray everything goes well. God Bless!!
Is he at home or staying in the hospital? I know this is a very scary time, and I know you know God is in control, but sometimes we need to be reminded of his Grace. Much love.
We are praying, Haley. I know this is so scary, because Keith's grandfather has had the same issues. I love you and am praying for all of you!
I'll be praying too! Stay strong!
You all are in my prayers. Luv, Jackie
Post a Comment