I got to go in and see Frankie this morning and he is doing okay.
He came off the ventilator about 6:00 this morning! He is up and breathing on his own now!
When we went back to see him about 9:00, he was nauseous and really groggy. The medicine they were giving him for nausea was making him extremely tired. He could hardly keep his eyes open long enough to talk to us, which was totally okay.
He did get sick once while we were back there but they said that was perfectly normal because of all of the medication he has in his body. He was sitting up in a chair at 11:00 this morning when my mom went in, and they told her they were getting ready to take him on a walk. He was still drowsy then, too.
I am hoping when I get back to the hospital at 4:45, he will be up and feeling some better.
I just cannot sing enough praises of the S. Regional Heart Center. They are amazing and are taking great care of him. The nursing staff is absolutely wonderful, and we could never express our gratitude in words.
Thanks again for all of your prayers!
3 comments:
I am so glad everything went well...I hope he has a speedy recovery! Every time I have encountered the staff at the heart center they are WONDERFUL!
I'm glad he's getting really good care. That's wonderful, Haley. God is good.... all the time.
That is so good to hear! I'm glad everything is going well! I'll keep praying for a quick recovery.
Post a Comment