Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday 13


I am SO glad its Thursday!! I told you yesterday that I agreed to go on a pretty strict diet with Hal. My ultimate goal is to get back into shape and to live a healthier life. I know that weight loss will come with this, but thats not my ultimate goal. Here are 13 things I am doing to get healthy:
  1. We work out 6 days a week, cardio and weight training on alternating days. Of course this will only last for 12 weeks, after that we will only exercise 3 or 4 days a week.
  2. I don't eat any sweets throughout the week.
  3. I am more aware of what I eat. For example: more colorful veggies, less white carbs, more whole grains, meat as a good source of protein.
  4. Drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day. I just drink a cup of water about every hour at work and by the end of the day I have consumed more than 64 oz.
  5. I eat 3 wholesome meals
  6. Between meals I eat a healthy snack
  7. I prepare my meals and meal plans ahead of time so that when its time to eat, they are ready. It gives me less of an opportunity to succumb to temptation.
  8. Because Hal and I are doing this together, I find motivation in him, and he finds motivation in me. We hold each other accountable and encourage each other when we feel tempted.
  9. I DON'T WEIGH MYSELF EVERYDAY!! Since I have started my diet, I haven't weighed once. It doesn't give me an opportunity to get discouraged. My plan is to get HEALTHY, not to lose a ton of weight!
  10. I took a "before" picture of myself to use as a point of reference and for motivation. Looking at that, I know I need to change.
  11. Hal and I are trying not to eat out if at all possible. When you don't prepare your own meal, you don't always know whats in it!
  12. We are trying to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Getting enough rest is a key to being healthy!
  13. WE GET A FREE DAY! Our diet allows for a free day once a week where we can eat anything we want, and as much of it. I know this may sound skeptical, but a free day is GREAT for your metabolism! If you continue to eat the same things all the time, your metabolism will eventually get used to it and slow down. If you "trick" it with a free day once a week, it never has the opportunity to slow down.

So far I am doing really well, and unlike last time, I am feeling very motivated. We have 11 more weeks, then we get to celebrate with our anniversary trip! I am anxious to see what happens! I will keep you posted!

4 comments:

The Dales said...

Oh I am so motivated by you and Hal! I wish I had more time to workout, cook meals everyday and have good snacks! I hope you do very well!

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I wish I had half your willpower!

Autumn said...

Sounds like you have a GREAT plan!! Keep up the good work, the results will definitely be worth it.

Kelly said...

Wow! That sounds great! :-)