We are leaving on Monday morning, heading to Las Vegas for the annual Prosthetic Conference. I am so excited! We have been planning this trip for more than six months now. Hal and I have never been, so I can't wait to see and do all of the things that we have only heard about from our friends. Here are the 13 things I hope to do and see while in Las Vegas:
1. I am going to take Hal up to the top of the Stratosphere. Hopefully, if Hal's fear of heights doesn't get the best of him, we can eat at Top of the World Restaurant.
2. See the Bellagio fountain show. I have heard it is one of the best shows in Vegas, so I hope to see it at least 2 times.
3. I have to go shopping at Caesar's Palace. The Forum Shops at Caesars are world renowned as the best shopping in Vegas. I'm there!
4. I can't wait to see the Ferrari dealership inside the Wynn Hotel. I know Hal will love it.
5. Speaking of Caesars, I really want to eat at Sushi Roku there. They have a great happy hour I hear and fantastic sushi.
6. We are staying at the Treasure Island hotel. They have a great Japanese Restaurant there that I would love to try called Social House.
7. Since the weather is still over 100 degrees out there, hopefully I will get some time by the pool!8. Watch and bet on Monday Night Football. The Philadelphia Eagles (Hal's favorite team) are playing Washington Redskins this Monday night.
9. Like Meredith, I am not a big fan of buffets, but I hear great things about them in Vegas. I will give them a try while I'm there.
10. I want to see the Palms Hotel and the Playboy Club. I always see these on TV and think they look so cool, I hope I get time to see them in person. I know the Playboy Club might sound weird, but I want to see those bunnies in person!
11. I would love to see Phantom Spectacular but I just don't think we have alotted enough time for that. Maybe.
12. This trip will give me a chance to spend some quality, uninterupted time with my husband, just the two of us. I can't wait.
13. As much as there is to do, I know that I will need to sleep, at least a couple of hours a night. I am there to attend a conference, so sleep will be good. ;)
** Any great advice on things to do and see in Las Vegas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Meredith, for all of your great advice already!

4 comments:
Go to the street where the old strip was in Vegas, I forget the name but I KNOW mERedith knows it, the street is covered in lights! You won't want to spend a lot of time there but if you are in Vegas you gotta go where it used to be!
The light show is called the Fremont Street Experience.
Yes, a must see. It's the Vegas you see in the old movies. I love it.
Sounds like y'all are in for an awesome trip!! Take lots of pictures to share! Have tons of fun and relax! Thanks, by the way, for the book suggestions! I will definitely check out the books you recommended!! Good luck tomorrow at the closing :)
Haley,
Treasure Island Hotel has a really neat pirate show in the front of the hotel (Or they did when Stephanie and I were there) You stand on the sidewalk in front of the hotel to watch. If you can get one of the tables at the resturant on the outside is really a good seat to watch. That is if it is still the same. My best advice is to dress for heat you cannot imagine. VERY dry, carry water if you plan on walking the streets for a long time. Have fun and be safe.
Post a Comment