Today is a day to celebrate and be thankful, for a couple of reasons!
Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed with the work load I have put on myself. Once we returned from Las Vegas I had to work hard to finish painting inside the house so we could move in this week. At the same time, my work load at work had almost doubled due to the time I missed while in Vegas. Not only did I have work and moving to think about, I also I had a test yesterday that I had to study for in the mean time.
I wasn't able to study at work because I had lots to do, then when I came home I had so much packing to do that I didn't find much time to study there either. I started to rethink my decision to go to school because I just didn't know if I could handle everything all at once.
Well today I am thanking God for my family and for Hal. Hal is taking all of his time off today to get us moved as much as he can. My step-dad is leaving straight from work to go help Hal load all of the big furniture on the Uhaul, and my mom is taking her car to load more small stuff. Hal's family really pitched and helped us get a lot of painting done, despite their busy lives. Our families will never understand how thankful we are for their help!
Yesterday as I got in my car to go take my test I said a prayer, asking God to give me guidance and strength while I was taking the test. I didn't get to study nearly as much as I would have liked, and I was really worried about what the outcome would be. After I took my test I felt really positive about it. I got my grade this morning and it was an A! I think that was God's way of telling me he would provide strength for me even when I thought I had none left!
So today, I celebrate our new house and my good grade!
2 comments:
As I'm sure you can attest, "God grace is sufficient in all circumstances." How blessed you are to have your husband's family pitch in helping with the move. I'm glad God showed his awesome grace to you just when you were feeling down.
Way to go Haley!! That just shows that whenever you doubt yourself, GOD knows better and gives you strength and knowledge to do things you cannot do alone! You just can't beat a smart girl with good grades and a cute new house :)
Post a Comment