Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bad News

Well I called our mortgage company this morning to find out exactly what time our closing would be tomorrow, and guess what? There isn't going to be a closing tomorrow. The broker told me that they had sent a form to Michelin (where Hal works) to be signed and it hadn't been returned. She claims they can't do ANYTHING more without that form. I find that a little on the CRAP side.

The worst part is, the broker blames Michelin for dragging their feet. How do you send an international company a form to be signed on Friday and expect to get it back in 2 days? I don't understand! Its definately the mortgage company that has not handled things in a timely manner, and now we are having to pay for them being so slow!

The closing date is now set for Friday afternoon or Saturday morning contingent that they get that precious little form that they so desperately need. Please pray for us that we will get our closing in before we leave Monday! UGH!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck on the closing! And have fun in Vegas! It is an awesome place. I have been twice and still don't think I have seen everything I would like to see!

Meredith said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I hope you get in this weekend!
Here's what I suggest you see in Vegas:
1)The fountain shows in front of the Bellagio at least twice and definitely at night. It's much better then.
2)The Bellagio lobby and conservatory
3)The Wynn hotel
4)the Venetian hotel
None of the others peak my interest as much, but they're all beautiful. The best shopping is at Casear's.
Have fun! If you have time, take the day trip to Hoover Dam.

Terri said...

Oh Haley! I hate that y'all have had a set back with the closing! I know y'all are very anxious to close on your new home. I'll be praying that things get done soon and get moving in the right direction so that y'all will be new homeowners by this weekend! Thanks too for praying for me today...it really means a lot!! :)

Natalie Kellett said...

I know that this is awful. Drew is in real estate and I know how things never close when they say they are. I will keep you guys in my prayers.