Friday, September 21, 2007

Home sweet home!

We are finally back and I cannot put into words just how glad I am to be HOME!

We had a great time in Las Vegas, but I was ready to get back home! We spent 12 hours traveling yesterday (which was supposed to only be 6 hours) because of delays. We didn't get home until after midnight last night and I had to be at work this morning. Needless to say, I am SO tired!

We got closed on our house on Friday afternoon, HALLELUJAH! Yep, we are officially home owners! We spent the entire weekend, last weekend, painting and KILZing every inch of the house. With the help of my parents, Hal's parents, and Hal's sister Celeste we got A LOT of work done. We start again this weekend, hoping to have the job as close to finished as possible by Sunday evening.

I left my camera cord at home so I can't post any pictures today. I promise I will bring it on Monday and post lots of them then! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I will post more about our trip and house on Monday.

5 comments:

The Dales said...

So glad you are back home and safe! We want to come by your house sometime, we travel a lot now with the little one...hahaha!

Haley said...

we would LOVE for y'all to come by. We will be there painting all weekend if y'all want to stop by. Just call me, we will for sure be there. I will be at the Dorman game tonight, will you?

Terri said...

Welcome back to SC and CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW HOME!!! VERY EXCITING! Can't wait to see all of your pictures of your new home and from your trip and to read all about both!! :)

Kelly said...

Glad yall had a good trip! Can't wait to see pictures of your new house and your trip!

Meredith said...

I totally understand about wanting to get home. Airline travel is almost NEVER uneventful anymore. Keith and I have figured out that it's because people use it as mass transportation these days, just like buses and trains used to be. There's so many flights that delays are inevitable. Anyway, I feel your pain! It's awful!
Hope you guys had a blast in Vegas, though.