I might be a real girly girl at times, but I can never deny that I love football. I really, really do.
Last night was thrilling as I got to watch the Giants beat the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. I am a huge Giants fan so I was absolutely delighted that they pulled of that great win.
All year I have listened to the analysts, columnists, and commentators speak of how inadequate the Giants' team was. They won the wildcard spot into the NFC Championship, yet they still weren't capable of making it past game 1. After Eli Manning played one of his greatest games against Tampa Bay in round 1 of the playoffs, he was given some credit, but the sports writers knew that he could never beat Dallas, Green Bay, or the Pats. The Giants were just "over confident" they would say.
The Giants and the Pats met in the regular season end, in week 17. The Giants had nothing to play for. They had already won their wildcard spot, but the Patriots had a perfect season to play for. The Giants played their best game of the regular season that night, and only fell to the Pats by 3 points. I knew that night, if the Giants could make it, they would beat the Pats the next time around.
The Giants team is full of guys who play because they love football, and play their hardest, even when all odds are against them. That is why they are the world champions.
All week leading up to the Super Bowl, the buzz everywhere was that the Pats had it won, and the Giants shouldn't even show up. It was going to be a "blow out" I heard one man say. Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, and Jimmy Johnson all predicted the Pats to win by 2 touchdowns. No one even let it cross their minds that the Giants might actually win. Everyone had already forgotten that 6 weeks ago, the Giants almost pulled off a win against them.
The Pats came onto the field last night knowing that they would win. I truly believe that they had no doubts that they would win. I even saw Tom Brady say the words "This is f***ing crazy" right before half time, when the Giants offense had spent 20 minutes of the 30 minute half on the field. Even Tom Brady couldn't believe that his perfect team wasn't so perfect.
You know how when the referee tosses the coin, he will say "May the best team win?" Well last night, I really feel that happened. Maybe the Giants weren't the best team on paper, I mean the Pats are stacked with talent, but the Giants had the most heart. Sometimes, thats what really matters.
I am thrilled that Eli "The Man"ning has finally gotten himself a ring and validation for being a great quarterback. What I am even more thrilled about is that the Giants kept Tom "The Grass Stain" Brady flat on his back MORE than he was on his feet.
1 comment:
AMEN GIRL! I was so excited that the Giants won. After their last game when they almost beat the Pats I too said if they make it to the Super Bowl they will win!
I was happy for Eli...and even more happy for Tom!! :) I can't stand him! I am not a Giants fan, but I was definitely pulling for them last night, and so happy they took Tom Brady down a notch or two!! LOL
Post a Comment