Friday, February 15, 2008

Its been a LONG week!

This week I really do have a good reason for my lack of blogging.

As you know, Monday Hal had surgery. He's doing great today, and actually goes back to the doctor for his check-up at 2:30. Monday he was having a pretty hard time getting around so he asked me to stay home from work on Tuesday. About an hour after we got home Monday, I began running a pretty high fever and feeling awful. My throat was hurting so bad that I couldn't even swallow.

I called my boss Monday night and told him that I wouldn't be back to work just yet, and today I have finally come back. After 4 straight days of feeling like crap, I am well enough to work. I actually never went to the doctor because I don't have a doctor, so I just rested at home until I was better. I just know that the sick bug that's been going around bit me, and it was bad.

Now let me tell you that I love my husband with all of my heart. He is the most wonderful man in the world in my eyes, and I would do anything in the world for him. Honestly, though, this has been the longest week of my life. It has been so hard to take care of him when I have been so sick myself. The first two days out of surgery were the worst, and those were the days that I was the sickest myself. If I heard my name once I heard it four thousand times in the last 4 days. You know when you are sick, all you want to do is lay down and close your eyes. I swear everytime I would get my eyes shut, I would hear "Haley, can you..." or "Haley, help me..." Yes, I admit there were a few times that I just wanted to scream. Hal was cranky because he was hurting and I was cranky because I didn't feel good so we were both on each others nerves pretty badly. Ultimately, he helped take great care of me, and I think I did a pretty good job, myself.

I am so thankful for all of the help this week from my parents and Hal's parents. They brought in food everyday and we are so grateful, because neither of us was up to the task of cooking.

After a long 4 days, we were able to relax with a nice dinner and movie last night. Both of us were feeling better so we decided to eat sushi for our Valentine's dinner. It was so yummy. We went on our first date 5 years ago on Valentine's day, so its always special to us. We never really go big on Valentine's day, but its always a day we want to remember.

Now that I am back to work and feeling better, I am sure that we will have a great weekend relaxing and catching up.

3 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm glad you are both feeling better and you had a nice night last night. I have definitely missed you blogging this week! Have a great weekend!

The Dales said...

Oh my goodness, y'all had a rough week! I know you are glad you are both feeling better!! I hope Hal gets even better and you do too, rest a lot this weekend so neither one of you has a relapse! :)

Oh yeah, I saw Anna and Avah Wednesday and Avah is soooo cute and tiny!! I couldn't believe it! I could eat her up! I hope Anna can get some rest soon though, she was exhausted! I sure don't miss those newborn days!!!!!

Love ya!

ps...Thanks for the sweet sweet Valentine's card! I LOVED it! You are the best friend EVER!!!

Meredith said...

Haley, I'm so glad y'all are having a better day today! Stephanie is right. Rest as much as you can this weekend so you don't relapse.