Hal and I are leaving first thing in the morning to spend a couple of days with my parents at the beach, and gosh I have never been so ready to go! For the last 22 years of my life my family has spent the week of July 4th at Myrtle Beach in Oceanlakes. This is such a staple in my summer, I could not imagine doing anything else for this holiday! I am so glad that Hal and I are able to just go for a couple of days. Laying on the beach all day, riding the golf cart all night, ice cream that melts right off the cone in seconds, and just spending quality time with the most special people in my life are things that I look forward to ALL YEAR LONG!! I CANNOT WAIT TO GO!!
Hal is on third shift this weekend and it really stinks. I never realized how much I miss him until I have to go to bed alone at night. We have only been married for 3 months and I am already so used to him being beside me everynight, it is hard for me to sleep. I would say that is the worst part about him having to work swing shifts, I tend to miss him so much when he is gone! One good thing about the swing shifts though is I get to spend time with my girlfriends that I have lost touch with over the years. This weekend I got to catch up with my great friend Loren, who was one of my best friends in high school. We had lost touch over the years because our schools, our jobs, and our social lives took us in opposite directions. I am so thankful to have had this time to catch up with her and rekindle our great friendship. It was great because it felt like we just picked right up where we left off!
Also this weekend, we found out that things are working out and we are probably going to be building a house very soon! We are super excited about this big change and cannot wait to own our own house! Living in this apartment has really made us realize how much we want something of our own, something that we can take care of, and something that we can be so proud of! My friend Stephanie and her husband have just recently moved into their own house, and I just absolutely love it. When I walked into her house, it really felt like a home, and a wonderful place to raise a family! They definately have something to be proud of and can call their own, and I am so happy for them. As of right now, the builder is hoping that we will be able to move in around the first of December. I am so nervous but so so excited!
Okay, well I am off to bed because I will be on the road before many of you wake up in the morning! I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July holiday! I hope when you are celebrating this Wednesday you will remember to thank God for the blessing of INDEPENDENCE and for all of our liberties that so many people in this world do not have! I know I am so thankful for the life I have been blessed with, and so thankful for the soldiers risking their own lives right now so that I may have this independence! Happy 4th!! :D
Love from the Chafey house!!
1 comment:
Haley,
I hope your vacation was great! Labs are great dogs! Our's stays outside so we didn't have to do much potty training, but when we are at my parent's he stays inside. He has only had a couple accidents. We were very fortunate with the potty training. He did go through his chewing stage, but we bought him many toys. His main thing to do is DIG! We have yet to put flowers in the backyard because he will just dig them up! Also just some advice, we crate him at night and he is really good. That helps with him not being as wild! I hope you get a lab soon! ENJOY them while they are small. They grow up fast :)
Post a Comment