Thursday, July 19, 2007

It has been a while!

Well it has been a week now since I have posted, but not much has been going on around our house! I hope everyone is having a great summer!

I went to Greenville Tech yesterday and officially registered for my classes, whew!, what a headache. I definately didn't miss all the paperwork and running around that you have to do while in college! So, I am enrolled in Anatomy and Physiology 210 and Microbiology 225. I am a little nervous about this I must say, being that BOTH of these classes are LABS, and I work a full time job! I guess I will be running off gasoline for the next 4 months, because it sure won't be sleep that will keep me going!

I also forgot how expensive school is! Funny how in just one year you forget so much, huh? I kept apologizing to Hal for totally draining our savings account. He made me feel better when he told me that I was his "investment" and that one day I would definately be worth it! I am very excited about my new endeavor, though!

Hal and I saw Live Free or Die Hard last night, and I LOVED IT. Okay, I must admit, I do tend to have a tom boy side, so I really love action movies. I tell you what though, by the end of the movie I was worn out! It was so intense! It was packed with action and suspense from beginning to end! I highly recommend this movie to EVERYONE! Bruce Willis was FANTASTIC!

On another note, I have really enjoyed this warm weather, and summer is such a great time of the year, but I am SO ready for fall to arrive. I am not necessarily so ready for the cooler weather as I am FOOTBALL SEASON! Hal and I live and breathe football from August to January, and I have grown to miss it! At heart, football season is truly my favorite time of the year! I am so excited to see Willy Korn make his debut as a TIGER, I think he will do great things for Clemson football and the morale of the fans! I do have to admit one more thing, I am a Clemson fan, but I have grown to love Carolina too! Maybe its because Hal crams it down my throat 24/7, but I do have to say I am a Gamecock fan! heehee :D I am sure, come August, I will talk a lot about football, so I will spare you now!

TGIF!! :D

6 comments:

Meredith said...

I am so excited for you, Haley. I hope you love your course work and that it gets you pumped up for nursing!
I love the Die Hard movies, too. I can't wait to see the new one.

Alison said...

Good luck with the school work! You can make it through! I can't wait to see that movie! I will have to tell Patrick it is really good! :) I am also ready for Fall because of the temperature change, but that means I have to go back to work :( Have a great weekend!

Haley said...

Alison, I bet you are ready for fall! You are living in the armpit of South Carolina, the HOTTEST place in the WORLD!! I would be ready for cooler weather too!! :D

Annie said...

I look forward to "talking" football with you through blogs in the fall. We also live and breath football in this house. I grew up a S. Carolina fan b/c that is where my dad went, but I married a Tiger. I only get to see the Gamecocks play once a year now since we spend a small fortune for Clemson Season tickets. Our little girl is a Tiger too, so I guess if you can't beat them (or you only get to once every 4 or 5 years), join them!

Annie said...

Also, good luck with school. I also was married, went to school, and worked. It is amazing the energy God will give you! The hardest thing is getting motivated to study when you want to spend time with your hubby, but I know he will help you through that! Brian was my #1 encourager as I finished school. Now, I guess I should use this degree one of these days.

Haley said...

Thank you girls for the kind words! I really appreciate all of the support!
Annie, I am in the same boat you are in with football. Because Hal talks Carolina football everyday of his life, it is hard for me not to become a fan and support them! I am thankful for it too, because it is something fun that Hal and I both enjoy, that we can do together. I can't really complain when I get to spend time with my hubby and have so much fun too!