Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Carolina vs. ECU

Hal and I made the decision on Wednesday of last week that we would go to the Carolina game this past weekend in Charlotte. Neither one of us had ever been to the first game of the season, home or away, so we thought it would be fun. Saturday morning, after I got a couple hours of sleep (I had to work Friday night), we headed to Charlotte for the game.

Truck is ready!

Stadium from where we parked. The building behind the stadium would light up during the game in the colors of the team that had the ball. Pretty cool.


BOA Stadium

My friend, Ashley, and me tailgating before the game. Go Alshon!

Hal and I once we made it into the stadium. It was about 1000 degrees and we looked it!

Inside of BOA stadium and the Charlotte skyline.

Gamecocks running on the field.

Game over! Happy Gamecocks!

The Gamecocks didn't play as well as we hoped they would in the first quarter, we were down 17-0 at one point. They finally started to rally back, but we were still losing 24-14 at halftime. No one knows what was said in that locker room at the half, but it really worked! In 5:31 into the 3rd quarter, Carolina had scored 3 touchdowns. We took the lead for good. The final score was 56-37, GO GAMECOCKS!

No comments: