Monday, July 7, 2008

Back to normal now

We are back from our mini vacation, and you are going to hate me because I didn't take one single picture. Oops.

We left last Wednesday after I took my final exam and headed straight down the interstate to Myrtle Beach. My family has gone to Myrtle every single year since I was born during the week of the 4th. I really hated that Hal and I couldn't go for the whole week, but at least we got to go for a few days.

We stayed in Ocean Lakes in the same place that we have stayed all of my life. I love it! We ate at River City Cafe in Surfside on Thursday night. They serve the best burgers in the world! After we ate we walked out on the pier and saw 3 huge tiger (or what looked like) sharks swimming under the pier. All 3 of them were at least 6 feet long.

We had a really great time and ate lots of great food. Honestly I didn't want to come home!

Now that we are home, life is finally starting to slow down and get back to normal. All I have to do now is worry about getting everything together and finished so that I can completely focus on my nursing classes this fall.

Here is what I have to do to get ready:
- take healthcare providers CPR certification
- take an online orientation
- get a two-step TB test
- buy my scrubs and stethoscope (this is the one I am most excited about!)

Now that I have a little more time on my hands I am hoping to pick back up on my blogging too!

I hope you all had a great 4th!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

When we were there, my uncle and cousin saw a bunch of sharks too! And I agree. River City is great.

Autumn said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait for our family trip to the beach in a few weeks. I hope your nursing classes go well!

Medic Mom said...

I remember buying my scrubs and stethescope!! It was so exciting! I may have some scrubs that I can give to you - I'll check when I get back to SC. Do they still wear the green top and white pants?