Thursday, July 10, 2008

Nervous

My nerves have been getting the best of me for the past few days. Coming home from the beach was the realization that soon I will be starting nursing school.

Its not the school part I'm nervous about. Okay, maybe a little bit, but not whats got my stomach in knots lately. I am quitting my job, and that scares the devil out of me. I gave my boss my notice on Tuesday, and my last official day is going to be Thursday, August 7th. Its only about 4 weeks away, and only 2 more paychecks.

I do have a part-time job lined up that I start next week. I am excited about it, but for a while, I will only be working 3 days a week.

The toughest part for me is going from two salaries to one. We have been doing well with saving and budgeting, but we haven't had to live with just one salary yet. We've always had a crutch if we needed it, and now that option is gone.

I know we are going to be fine. I really do. I am still nervous, though. I have put my faith in God that He will take care of us. I may not always have what I want, but I trust I will always have what I need.

Say a prayer for Hal and I as we embark on this journey!

2 comments:

The Dales said...

Oh girl, its hard but you can do it! School will be so rewarding in the end for you! WHat will you be doing part time? Miss you!

Medic Mom said...

Oh Haley, heart aches for you as I fully understand your reservations. I remember when we moved to Texas and decided that I would not work. It was SO scary. But we knew that's what God wanted. As well as I believe God wants you to be successful in school. He will always provide for you and sometimes it will come from unknown places!! I am praying for you and if you need some more acrubs, let me know (as well as some books). ac5557@yahoo.com