At this very minute I have what seems like a thousand things pulling me in every direction. This week through Wednesday is going to be crazy! I did have a great weekend, though, so that makes it easy to get through a crazy day like today.
I know I haven't been the greatest about blogging lately, but there is a lot I can attribute that to. Once again I am just going to give you a brief list of things that have been going on.
- Monday night I got to see and spend time with Perrin, the cutest little boy ever, and his sweet parents Stephanie and Jonathan. I just can't tell Stephanie enough how much I love her and am thankful for her friendship!
- Saturday Hal and I (with the help of a good friend) pressure washed our whole house. I had NO IDEA what a job that would be. We have white siding on our house and I was just embarrassed at how dirty it was! Its definitely clean now!
- Saturday night we ate at Smoke on the Water in downtown Gville. We had never been and we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. My opinion, the best restaurant in downtown. While we were there we heard a great band called the Professors of Soul. They were absolutely amazing. Google them, they are seriously great!
- We are obsessed with getting a Vespa. Seriously. We even went to look at them yesterday but the dealership was closed. We may not get one anytime soon, but one day I hope this is my primary means of transportation...and I am not kidding! : )
- Last night Hal and I were driving home and I looked over at one of the corner gas stations. Sitting there at their pumps were not one, but THREE General Lees. I yelled "Look!" and about the time I did, Hal slammed on breaks and swerved into the gas station. He just had to have his picture taken beside one of them. Hal is a HUGE Dukes fan and when the guy blew the Dixie horn, I thought Hal was going to have a heart attack. The owners of the cars had been to the Duke Fest at the Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Wednesday is my last day of Chemistry if it doesn't kill me before then. I have a paper due today, a reading assignment due today, a lab test tomorrow, final exam help session tomorrow, a homework assignment due Wednesday, and my final exam Wednesday. My professor thinks we are robots.
- We are leaving for the beach on Wednesday. I can't wait!
I also have 2 prayer requests:
- I have a friend who is dealing with a very hard time in her life right now. I don't want to mention names, but she has had to seek professional help for a problem that she has dealt with for a very long time. Its not drugs or anything like that, but just a personal problem that has caused her health to seriously decline. She has sought treatment and is doing well, but I just want everyone to remember her as she has just started her treatment and has a long way to go before she is well again.
- Vicki Kelly is the mother of an old friend of mine and Hal's, and Hal's preschool teacher. She is a very young lady, and last week she had a stroke, heart attack, and an aneurysm. She had brain surgery in Charleston and it went well, but she took a turn for the worse. I haven't heard an update on her condition since Saturday. Many of my readers would know this family, so please keep them in your prayers.
I have one more post that I will try to get to before Wednesday. I hope you all are having a great week!
3 comments:
HEY Haley!!! I hope things are going well for you! I miss ya...Hope yall have fun at the beach this weekend!!! Try to relax!
PS: The last update I got today was that Vicki is doing much better. She is moving around and being more responsive. I am so glad for them! Kate has been keeping Kylie for them while they were in Charleston. What a cutie!
LOVE YOU TOO! So glad I got to see you last week but next time the 4 of us (minus Perrin and plus Hal, of course) will have to go out!! Let me know when you get back in town!!
Have a great trip!! Congrats on completing Chemistry!
Post a Comment