Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Some things

I really don't have much time to post, but I wanted to just give an update with some things that have been going on lately.

- I had the most wonderful supper last night. My mom made tomato pie and with it we had pinto beans and homemade chow chow. It was so yummy and a perfect summer meal.

- My stepdad went to the doctor a couple weeks ago and he's doing GREAT after his surgery. He gets to go back to work full time July 9th!

- We are offically and finally members at His Vineyard. We are so glad to have found a church that we love.

- Hal and I went here this past Saturday. We had been anxiously awaiting the opening. We are hoping that one day we will be able to build a sustainable house of our own. It was the neatest thing and very informative. We got lots of information that we are hoping to use when we build our own house.

- I only have 8 more days of chemistry class! I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

- Our grass is DEAD. About 6 weeks ago we busted our tails and our bank account to put down new grass seed and it is dead as a doornail now. Since we haven't had a good rain in forever and its been hotter than I don't know what, it didn't really have a chance to live.

- Speaking of rain, our county is now desperately asking people to conserve water as much as possible. We are still in drought from last year and are already behind in rain for this year too. If people in our county don't start conserving, they are going to start rationing.


I don't really know of much else going on. I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm so glad you went to the cottage! I'm dying to go!

And I have to say, we feel your pain with the grass. We've poured money, sweat, and tears into our yard for three summers TO NO AVAIL!

Natalie Kellett said...

Oh hunny. I know our grass died last year and probably will this year. It just gets to hot and just not enough water. I'm happy you guys joined your church.