Monday, May 19, 2008

Ode to Sally

I traded in my car last week for something that suited my needs a little better. I have written something fun to remember my car by.

Ode to Sally

I was driving an old chevy
I needed something new
Something more reliable
More girly and cute.
With my birthday fast approaching
It seemed like the perfect time
To trade in that old chevy
And make a new car mine.
I saw her in the paper
I knew she was just right
I called up my dad
And we traded in that night.
She was just like I wanted
all black and shiny
I drove off the lot
In my new convertible pony
I called all my friends
and took them for a ride
they loved my new fun car
and the horses on the side
For six years I loved her
through good times and bad
but she only had two doors
and wasn't great on gas
It was time to let her go
For someone else to enjoy
She would be a good car
For any girl or boy
I drove away in my gas saver
and my fun car would remain
But I won't forget the good times had
In my pretty little Mustang
(I tried to separate the lines but blogger won't let me)

3 comments:

The Dales said...

Aren't you a little poet! What did you get for the Mustang? Miss you!

Medic Mom said...

So what kind of new car did you get? I was waiting for a line that said something about a "new addition" so that's why you had to trade! LOL! Must see pics!

Haley said...

Steph, we traded in for a 2005 Honda Accord...actually its just like your mom's but green. :)

Christan - no new additions, just more room for my groceries! :)