Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Quick Update

It has been almost 20 days since I last blogged, so I am not doing as well as I had originally hoped at getting back into this blogging thing. Every time I sit down to write nothing really seems important enough to share. We are just so normal now. Ha! We have been kind of busy, but I guess that is no excuse for not blogging. Sometimes it feels as though all I do is sleep and work, so on my days off I have so much other stuff to catch up on.

I recently joined Twitter for the first time and I quickly fell in love. I never really got the whole idea of Twitter until I finally gave in and joined. Twitter is perfect for someone like me. I don't like reading lots and lots of details; just a few words that get straight to the point is exactly what I need/love. I am currently following about 30 people, most of them athletes from my favorite teams, sports websites, and then a few friends. You can follow me too - @H2Chafey. (I haven't tweeted just yet, though.)

I also just joined Pinterest this week. OBSESSED! I cannot. get. enough. Check it out if you haven't already.

A couple of weeks ago Hal and I learned our friend and Hal's classmate, David Hortman, died in a helicopter crash at Ft. Benning, GA. It was such a tragedy to hear of his death and Hal and I were both devastated. We attended the funeral this past weekend and I am so glad we did. I was pretty emotional and knew that the funeral would be so sad. The last military funeral I went to, I sobbed through the entire funeral, and I didn't even know the guy (graduated with Hal from the Citadel). David's funeral was so sweet. Everyone spoke so highly of him, just as we expected. What I didn't expect was that there would be more laughter than tears, but it was true. All of the speakers shared wonderful, funny memories of David and there were many moments of laughter during the service. It was exactly what David wanted, though - a celebration of his life. Hal and I were very lucky to call him a friend, and will continue to honor his memory.

We ran our second 5K this weekend. We did the annual Edouard Michelin 5K in Greenville, two years in a row. I was not nearly as prepared for this one as I was the last, and I added 2 minutes to my time from last year. I haven't been nearly as dedicated to running because I am simply too tired from working night shift. It was a fun race, Hal did really well, and even though I didn't do quite as well as last year, I still ran the whole race. It really does feel like such an accomplishment when you cross that finish line!
Hal and I before the race. This pic was taken about 7 am, so neither one of us look stunning.

Right now we are in the process of planning our 5 year anniversary adventure! I cannot believe that in 7 months we will be married 5 years! We have been doing a lot of research and we have made a decision as to where to go, but all the details aren't quite nailed down. I can't wait to share our adventure with you once we have everything set.

One last thing that we are super excited about right now is that our church opened up a new building this past Sunday, August, 21st. It is such a beautiful building and we are so excited about the opportunities for growth!

I know this post was all over the place, but I am trying to keep you caught up on what has been going on in our lives over the last couple of weeks. I am going to try to get better about my blogging. See you soon! :)

1 comment:

brandiern said...

Hi Haley! Saw you on here from Terri's blog! I'm still quite new to this whole blogging world, just started a couple months ago. ;) congrats on nursing school and your job. I know you love it. I'm a nurse too ( not sure if you knew that or not.) I used to work in er, but switched to l&d and love it. I work nights too, so I know how you feel. Good to find you on here. :)